st: two stage:1st linear reg then logit?

From   "Ali Karim" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: two stage:1st linear reg then logit?
Date   Thu, 01 Aug 2002 00:12:45 +0000

Dear Statalist readers,

I have a contenuous endogenous variable, and my outcome of interest is binary. Is it appropriate to use the predicted means of the endogenous variable from ordinary least square equation and use it as a predictor in a logit model? do i need to correct my standard errors? There is an example in FAQ showing how to adjust the SE when the second equation is also OLS. Is there a way to correct the SE if the second equation is logit?

Thanks in advance.

Ali Mehryar Karim
Doctoral student
Tulane University