st: Plotting observed and predicted values on same scatterplot matrix

From   "Dale Steele" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Plotting observed and predicted values on same scatterplot matrix
Date   Tue, 23 Jul 2002 21:07:55 -0400

scatterplot matrix.  I have two stata data files.  The first contains the
raw data from an experiment.  The second file contains calculated predicted
values which I would like to plot as a line on top of the observed values in
the first file.

   Various permutations of the -merge- command have failed to merge the two
files.

I've made plots of each using:
graph response resistnc, by(idnum) total jitter(2) ylabel(0, 2 to 10)
  and
graph R resistnc, by(idnum) connect(l) ylabel(0, 2 to 10) total

 Suggestions?

Details follow..

  Each subject given 6 stimuli, response to each stimulus measured five
times.  Thus the file looks like:

list idnum resistnc response

         idnum   resistnc   response
  1.       401          0          0
  2.       401          0          0
  3.       401          0          0
  4.       401          0         .7
  5.       401          0          0
  6.       401        2.5        1.9
  7.       401        2.5        1.5

The second file contains a predicted response (R) based on a predicted curve
for each subject.

. list idnum resistnc R

         idnum   resistnc          R
  1.       401          0        .14