st: Re: entering data

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: entering data
Date   Sun, 21 Jul 2002 17:47:21 -0400

Dear listers,
can anyone help me with the following awkward task.
I have generated variables a and b  ,so as to form a triangular
distribution,hence a  non -normal one.I saved the data as clt.dta  and then I
ran the following commands for 100 times and ended up with the following,(I am
only using the commands associated with sample of 32,to save space.But I ran
the 100 commands for a sample of 2 ,to get the feel of the resulting
distribution,)
.What I tried to do then was to enter the means of a and b for each run of the
commands,but soon enough I discovered that it was an awkward task.I believe
that in nc151 there was a part which dealt with zeroing on specific columns to
retrieve returned data.Can anyone help me with that,thus saving me from going
through all that work of rewriting and then reentering the specific data in
edit.
Thanks
. use clt ,clear

. sample 32
(68 observations deleted)

. summarize

Variable |     Obs        Mean   Std. Dev.       Min        Max
---------+-----------------------------------------------------
       a |      32    55.03125   30.70619          5        100
       b |      32    18.34375    10.2354   1.666667   33.33333

.
. use clt ,clear

. sample 32
(68 observations deleted)

. summarize

Variable |     Obs        Mean   Std. Dev.       Min        Max
       a |      32    51.34375   30.83736          2         99
       b |      32    17.11458   10.27912   .6666667         33

.

one hab dATA  iAfter generating a triangular distribution ,so as I trtQuoting