st: RE: RE: Re: Panel data manipulation question

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Re: Panel data manipulation question
Date   Tue, 16 Jul 2002 17:47:32 +0100

Taggert J Brooks replied to Scott Merryman and myself:

> This is indeed a neat little solution, but It won't work for me as I
> have an unbalanced panel...I have a different number of
> years for each
> country.  However now that I think about it the main data
> I'll need for
> this paper is consistent across countries so I could
> balance it, then
> run your suggestion.

Scott's approach, as generalised mildly by me,
will still work with unbalanced panels,
I believe, as I asserted in my reply. The only
and necessary consequence is that
missing values are echoed where they belong.