st: Calculation of consistency-based intra-class correlation coefficient in Stata

From   Margaret MacDougall <>
Subject   st: Calculation of consistency-based intra-class correlation coefficient in Stata
Date   Fri, 31 May 2013 14:34:03 +0100

I am very keen to efficiently tap into the information I require to calculate a consistency-based intra-class correlation coefficient (in in the notation of Fagot (1993), ICC(3,1)) for a two-way mixed model in which raters are fixed and subjects are random. SPSS allows for the specification of a wide range of types of intra-class correlation coefficients, including the one above, by means of simple point-and-click menu commands, which can be used to derive corresponding syntax. However, I am keen to use Stata in order that I can take advantage of other features offered by this package.

I have already carried out a relevant search online and noted a similar but more general question to the list which dates back to 2011. The response did not provide me with the solution I am looking for, which is really just simply how to perform the calculations in Stata for the particular type of intra-class correlation (ICC) referred to above.

I look forward to learning from Stata users who can help in this way.

For the purpose of clarity, I would like to point out that I am using the expression 'consistency-based', to differentiate from ICCs based on absolute agreement.

Many thanks

Best wishes

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.