st: Difficulty with importing form Excel

From   Nima Darbari <ramharz@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Difficulty with importing form Excel
Date   Fri, 24 May 2013 19:31:22 +0200

to change their format to .dta. I am trying different variants of the
code below but I always recieve error messages like 'Invalid 1' and I
am not even successful with making Stata read even one file. I have
already spent half of day on it so any comment is highly appreciated.

 set more off
fs
foreach name in `r(files)'{
 import excel using "D:\Users\n11094\Desktop\Rahavard Returns\New
folder\"`name', sheet("Sheet1"), clear
 keep A G
 drop in 1
 save `name'
 }

Something else which is strange to me is that apparently there is a
difference between "Import excl" and "Import excel using" in Stata.
The first command works well in command window but it doesnt work in
.do files!