Re: st: weights

From   David Hoaglin <dchoaglin@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: weights
Date   Wed, 15 May 2013 15:17:52 -0400

Dear Simon,

It would be helpful to hear from others who have more experience with
the various types of weights, but I doubt that you can determine, from
only the numerical values of the weights in your data, which type of
weight they are.  The person who created the dataset should have
documented the process that produced the weights and thus explained
the type of weight.

David Hoaglin