st: dot chart with ci

From   Richard Moverare <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: dot chart with ci
Date   Thu, 9 May 2013 13:31:11 +0200

Dear Statalist,

I would like to creat a dot chart with confidence intervals attached
to the dots. I have variables for the estimates and their lower and
upper bound. I have two estimates for each group of a group variable.
So something like

sysuse auto, clear
graph dot (mean) length weight, over(rep78)

But as mentioned I would like to add the confidence intervals. I guess
I should use twoway scatter with rcap, but I don't get the result I
want. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,