st: save iterations of xtmelogit - need to break/pause

From   Ann Montgomery <ann.montgomery@mail.utoronto.ca>
Subject   st: save iterations of xtmelogit - need to break/pause
Date   Wed, 8 May 2013 23:59:01 +0000

Hi,I'm running xtmelogit - 4 levels, 160 000 individuals, with a binary outcome using 100% of the computer's CPU - the program has been running for 6 days days and has reached 20 iterations. I would like to "control-." (breaking the run on a Mac) to stop the program for a time and then restart without losing the iterations collected so far. I'm wondering if control-break, followed by .estimates save filename, and then when I want to restart later - type .estimates use filename would work. I've tried it on small sample sets and can't tell if the program is restarting where it left off. Or if there is another way to do it? thanks, Ann MontgomeryUniversity of Toronto