st: Re: nnmatch

From   Emilio <>
Subject   st: Re: nnmatch
Date   Wed, 8 May 2013 09:26:38 -0700 (PDT)

My problem is:

1.- I have 2 surveys and I have information at the first one that I don’t
have on the second one. Calling them as data1 and data2.

2.- I want to impute a variable from data2 in data1.

3.- If we see data1 and data2 each one has 1 identification variable, wich
make us possible find the specific person (“FOLIO” and “idllave”).
Represented as string variable.

4.-I have a group of similar variables, to use them as characteristic
variables in both datas, to use nnmatch. But when I do the excercise the
command “nnmatch” don’t allow me to use string variables, i.e. the
identification variables.

5.- After doing the exercise without the identification variables, stata
give to me a new database, and if I go to the that data base I don’t see the
identification variables, i.e. I cannot find the specific person of each

6.- I would like to find the specific members of that were used. With the
goal of see which family were assigned to which young.

Thank you