st: Problems changing data into wide format

From   Mash Hamid <MXH191@bham.ac.uk>
Subject   st: Problems changing data into wide format
Date   Mon, 22 Apr 2013 14:44:41 +0000

Hi,

I have a large dataset that needs formatting before I can use it. The trouble is I have tried reshaping but the data does not make sense afterwards nor is the help option useful.

I have 4 variables. They are: id, capt, question, answer.

How can I format it in a way so that the data makes sense and what does the syntax look like?

Many thanks