st: Histogramm Graph option Note

From   "Meulemann Max" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Histogramm Graph option Note
Date   Mon, 22 Apr 2013 14:45:16 +0000

Hello,

this is a rather simple questions about a histogram with the by option. I would just like to avoid the note that says "Graphs by ..." below the graph because I am combining several graphs and it is just consuming space.

Im using stata 12 and an example would be

sysuse auto
hist mpg, by(foreign) discrete

which yields a histogram with a note below that says "Graphs by Car type"

I was hoping to get rid of it by

hist mpg, by(foreign) discrete  by(, note(off))

but then the note says "off"

he doesn't like

sysuse auto
hist mpg, by(foreign) discrete  by(, note(" "))

either. Maybe someone else wanted to avoid printing the note as well and so far I haven't found a way to suppress it, but it should be possible or not?

Best

Max