[no subject]

From   kathryn dennick <>
To   "" <>
Date   Fri, 19 Apr 2013 09:14:45 -0700

I am a registered user of STATA and I have a query that I would really like to post in statalist if that's possible at all, please?

I am currently undertaking a systematic review of cross sectional studies investigating the prevalence of distress in diabetes. The data I have to synthesise is a simple proportion/percentage (those with distress as a proportion of the total diabetes sample). I have to to synthesise this data in a meta-analysis, and I recently attended a course where I learnt about using the metan code from the online STATA journal to conduct meta-analysis of RD, RR and OR data. I'm obviously not able to use this to undertake the meta-analysis as I don't have this type of data. I am know that in entering the data that I have as 2 columns (i.e. as those with depression and then the total sample size), STATA will not read this as a proportion as I need it to. My query is whether you are aware of any STATA command that exists which would enable me to synthesise the data I have and derive an overall proportion/percentage across the studies being reviewed.

Would very much appreciate any advice!

Thanks in advance,

Sent from my iPad