st: Characters with accents in graph text

From   "Lythgoe, Dan" <D.Lythgoe@liverpool.ac.uk>
Subject   st: Characters with accents in graph text
Date   Fri, 19 Apr 2013 10:56:19 +0000

Dear Statalisters,

I have been asked to add accents to certain letters in my axis titles in a graph I have produced (specifically I need a ‘theta hat’ and ‘V’ with a single dot above it). I consulted the following document but am unsure how to proceed if characters are not on the ANSI list:

SJ-4-1  dm0006  . . . .  Stata tip 6: Inserting awkward characters in the plot
        Q1/04   SJ 4(1):95--96

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks,
Dan Lythgoe