st: Nearstat competitor count

From   Edward Watkinson <e.g.watkinson@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Nearstat competitor count
Date   Fri, 19 Apr 2013 10:51:18 +0100

Dear Statalist,

Please help. I have a list of latitude and longitude co-ordinates (the head offices of company) and I want to find the number of head offices and branches of OTHER companies within 1km around  each. I have been using the netstat module but I cant think of a way of excluding a companies own branches when doing the counting.

The datastructure is as follows at the moment, the first dataset ha a Unique CompanyId (Head offices) but the second has multiple CompanyIds, one for each branch.

CompanyId_____lat_____long        CompanyId____HeadAndBranchLat___HeadAndBranchLong

Thanks in advance,
Edward