st: RE: Geocoding points into regions in Stata

From   VICENTE ROYUELA MORA <vroyuela@ub.edu>
Subject   st: RE: Geocoding points into regions in Stata
Date   Fri, 12 Apr 2013 07:01:27 +0000

I am afraid you will have to go to Arc View and merge the information there.

Best

Vicente Royuela

-----Mensaje original-----
De: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] En nombre de Jeremy Wells
Enviado el: jueves, 11 de abril de 2013 18:13
Para: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Asunto: st: Geocoding points into regions in Stata

Hi all,

I have begun working with Dr. Pisati's fun Stata geocoding commands, and although I have found some useful information here regarding my question, I have not found any definitive answers.

I have data that are geocoded (latitude and longitude), but I need to aggregate them to the region level. The regions are demarcated in the coordinate file (from shp2dta), and the data file contains only latitude and longitude. I am working with about 76,000 observations across 34 regions, so is there a way to automatically generate a variable in the data file that contains the region ID from the coordinate file?

I have seen similar questions get a response that goes something like "look at sp_pips in the spgrid command," but this does not seem entirely useful.

Thank you,

Jeremy Wells
Ph.D. Student
LSU Dept. of Poli. Sci.
324 Stubbs Hall
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
introtoir.com

Aquest correu electrònic i els annexos poden contenir informació confidencial o protegida legalment i està adreçat exclusivament a la persona o entitat destinatària. Si no sou el destinatari final o la persona encarregada de rebre’l, no esteu autoritzat a llegir-lo, retenir-lo, modificar-lo, distribuir-lo, copiar-lo ni a revelar-ne el contingut. Si heu rebut aquest correu electrònic per error, us preguem que n’informeu al remitent i que elimineu del sistema el missatge i el material annex que pugui contenir. Gràcies per la vostra col·laboració.

Este correo electrónico y sus anexos pueden contener información confidencial o legalmente protegida y está exclusivamente dirigido a la persona o entidad destinataria. Si usted no es el destinatario final o la persona encargada de recibirlo, no está autorizado a leerlo, retenerlo, modificarlo, distribuirlo, copiarlo ni a revelar su contenido. Si ha recibido este mensaje electrónico por error, le rogamos que informe al remitente y elimine del sistema el mensaje y el material anexo que pueda contener. Gracias por su colaboración.

This email message and any documents attached to it may contain confidential or legally protected material and are intended solely for the use of the individual or organization to whom they are addressed. We remind you that if you are not the intended recipient of this email message or the person responsible for processing it, then you are not authorized to read, save, modify, send, copy or disclose any of its contents. If you have received this email message by mistake, we kindly ask you to inform the sender of this and to eliminate both the message and any attachments it carries from your account. Thank you for your collaboration.