RE: st: playing a media sound (.wav) from Stata in Windows 7

From   <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: playing a media sound (.wav) from Stata in Windows 7
Date   Wed, 03 Apr 2013 19:25:58 +0100

Dear Professor Owl, I like it - and most importantly, it works!. There is a small delay whilst it calls iexplorer-youtube, etc -- which is negligible I guess after waiting for a few hours for stata to finish a job. . . but still it depends on a good internet connection which, as I often travel with work, I cannot always guarantee.
I'll nonetheless certainly store the code for future reference.
thanks very much, Seyi

>>> Red Owl <> 03/04/2013 18:15 >>>
I don't receive Stata List, but I read the archives, so I'm replying to your request offline:

I believe you can use this code or some version of it:

* Example: Play tune from internet on program completion under Windows 7.
* You can also substitute a .wav or .mp3 file located on the local computer.

sysuse auto, clear
regress weight length foreign

* Following must be on single line.
shell "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" "";

Hope that helps.

Red Owl
R. H. Red Owl, Ph.D., Professor
C. W. Post College of Education, Information, and Technology
Long Island University