Re: st: Copying diagrams from SEM Builder

From   Phil Schumm <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: Copying diagrams from SEM Builder
Date   Sun, 31 Mar 2013 09:17:36 -0500

On Mar 31, 2013, at 8:04 AM, W Robert Long wrote:
> Is there a way to easily copy diagrams from SEM Builder, so that they are not framed with a box ? I need to copy them into Powerpoint and at the moment, the only way I can get rid of the box is to first copy it into a graphics program, resize and remove the box, and then copy/paste into Powerpoint. This is becoming very tedious. It would be great if I can Ctrl-C in SEM Builder and Ctrl-V in Powerpoint...

Not sure what you are referring to here, since if I build and estimate a model using the SEM GUI and then use the "Copy" button, the resulting image is not surrounded by a border.  Note that you can save the image from within Stata in a variety of formats (e.g., ps, eps, pdf, etc.), all of which can be easily used in PowerPoint.  As with "Copy", the resulting files do not have a border for me.  Maybe that would work for you?

-- Phil