Re: st: ST: overdisperson with binary outcomes and survey data

From   Phil Schumm <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: ST: overdisperson with binary outcomes and survey data
Date   Thu, 28 Mar 2013 18:11:55 -0500

On Mar 28, 2013, at 11:40 AM, Ronald McDowell wrote:
> I wish to test for overdisperson in my data (binary outcome), which is taken from a survey with weights and stratification, hence the svy: prefix. I've tired using the scale(x2) option as I would usually, but this isn't available with the svy prefix. Does anyone know of ways round this or alternatives?

If your response is truly binary, then you cannot have overdispersion (i.e., in the case of the Bernoulli distribution, the mean necessarily determines the variance), so the -scale()- option would not be appropriate anyway.  If the response is a proportion, or if there is clustering in your data not attributable to the sample design, then that is another matter.  If so, you'll need to provide more information in order to get help on how to proceed.

-- Phil