Re: st: Dropping variables in USE statement

From   daniel klein <klein.daniel.81@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Dropping variables in USE statement
Date   Thu, 28 Mar 2013 15:07:51 +0100

William,

have a look at -usesome- (SSC).

As I understand your query, the syntax should be

usesome D4* D5* D6* using DATASET ,not

Best
Daniel

--
Hi Statalist,

Is there a way to drop variables on the use statement? I am bringing
in Stata dataset with too many variables (transferred over from SAS
which is a pain to drop variables because I don't think I can drop
variables with a *).

Ideally I would like to process use DATASET, drop D4* D5* D6* etc

Anyway to approach this besides going back to the original dataset in SAS?