Re: st: Bootstrap sampling for evaluating hypothesis tests

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Bootstrap sampling for evaluating hypothesis tests
Date   Thu, 14 Mar 2013 09:22:11 +0100

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 5:18 PM, David Hoaglin wrote:
> In the plots produced by -simpplot-, how about labeling the vertical
> axis "deviation" (the term that you use in the text) instead of
> "residuals"?

That is a good suggestion, thanks

> Also, it may be useful to mention that the 95% Monte Carlo acceptance
> region is pointwise.  That is, the curves trace the endpoints of the
> 95% confidence interval as a function of the nominal level.

That is again a good suggestion. I am actually working on implementing
an overall 95% Monte Carlo acceptance region.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Reichpietschufer 50
10785 Berlin