Re: st: Questions for random data generation and value label

From   Yu Xue <>
Subject   Re: st: Questions for random data generation and value label
Date   Mon, 11 Mar 2013 15:28:48 -0500

Thanks Maarten, David, Nick, Joerg !

Let me use an example to describe my question more clearly.

There is an actual data that has three variables: Var1, Var2, Var3.
Each of them has continuous numeric values. And I get the max, min,
SD, mean for each of them, and save them in several macros, and then
clear the memory.

Then, I want to generate a synthetic data, which also include three
variables: SynVar1, SynVar2, SynVar3. And they keep the same max, min,
SD, mean  of Var1, Var2, Var3, respectively as in actual data.

Hope I describe it clearly.
Thank you very much