st: How to make deciles for 120 Periods

From   Xixi Lin <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: How to make deciles for 120 Periods
Date   Mon, 11 Mar 2013 11:37:16 -0400

I know it might be a simple problem, but I really don't know how to do
that. I am trying to decile the independent variables by ID for 120
periods, how to code it in stata?

I can use xtile decile=ID if Period==1, nq(10)   for only 1 periods,
but how can I do it efficiently by 120 periods?

Thanks for any help,
Xixi Lin