Re: st: How to make deciles for 120 Periods

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: How to make deciles for 120 Periods
Date   Mon, 11 Mar 2013 19:35:34 +0000

This is often asked. As explained in e.g. there are
at least two solutions.

1. Write your own loop.

2. Use the -egen- function -xtile()- by Ulrich Kohler from -egenmore- (SSC).

That said, decile groups for _independent_ variables -- and separately
for 120 periods! -- just sounds like throwing away information, and I
advise against throwing away information.