Re: st: Questions for random data generation and value label

Subject   Re: st: Questions for random data generation and value label
Date   Mon, 11 Mar 2013 15:36:13 +0000

It seems that you want a distribution defined by its mean, standard deviation and range, which may mean the range = max - min or the pair (min, max). I don't know of any distribution defined in this way. Some beta distribution may be closest to what you want. I think you are going to have to specify distribution shape directly or indirectly.