Re: st: Why those packages suddenly all disappeared?

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Why those packages suddenly all disappeared?
Date   Mon, 11 Mar 2013 10:34:27 +0000

The problem alluded to here is, I believe, not that you "cannot use"
-findit-, but that it failed to find something known to exist.

This problem arises occasionally in the following way. As far as stuff
out there is concerned, -findit- relies on a daily trawl of the web.
If a particular site is down temporarily, e.g. for maintenance,
packages at that site will not be recorded. A temporary problem will
usually be found to have been solved 24 hours later. In this case it
seems that the SSC site was not available briefly at the exact time
that a daily trawl was under way.

Nick