Re: st: Posting Std. Error using postfile after -xtmepoisson-

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Posting Std. Error using postfile after -xtmepoisson-
Date   Mon, 25 Feb 2013 09:17:00 +0100

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 7:18 PM, Cam Gillies wrote:
> I am using a -post- command to save estimates from a loop of analyses, but
> cannot figure out how to post the standard error of the random effect after
> –xtmepoisson-.  I am able to post the estimate of the random effect using
> exp([lns1_1_1]_cons).

Stata uses the delta method to compute that standard error. This
method is explained in general terms here:
<>. Below is
an example that applies it to your problem:

*----------------------- begin example -----------------------
webuse epilepsy
xtmepoisson seizures treat lbas lbas_trt lage v4 || subject:

// Using the delta method to compute the se:
di sqrt([lns1_1_1]_se[_cons]^2*exp([lns1_1_1]_b[_cons])^2)
(For more on examples I sent to the Statalist see: )

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Reichpietschufer 50
10785 Berlin