Re: st: Nonlinear constraints in -ml- programming

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Nonlinear constraints in -ml- programming
Date   Sun, 17 Feb 2013 16:44:33 +0100

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 3:06 AM, Muyang Zhang <> wrote:
> The FAQ you shared discussed the way to deal with interval
> constraints, but my problem is a "proportional constraints" where the
> coefficient of the 2nd equation over the coefficient of the 1st
> equation is constant for all dummies.

The mechanics is the same, and I guessed that that is what your were asking for.

Alternatively, you can stack the equations, i,e. turn your dataset in
a long dataset, and use -propcnsreg-, which you can get by typing in
Stata -ssc install propcnsreg-.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Reichpietschufer 50