Re: st: Nonlinear constraints in -ml- programming

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Nonlinear constraints in -ml- programming
Date   Sat, 16 Feb 2013 15:34:20 +0100

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Muyang Zhang wrote:
> I wish to estimate a SUR model with nonlinear constraints. The model is like:
> y_1=x_1 beta_1+d_j delta_j (j=1..N)
> y_2=z_1 gamma_1 +d_j eta_j (j=1...N)
> and I require delta_j/eta_j is constant over all j's, so this is not a
> linear constraint.
> How can I add nonlinear constraints in -ml- programming?

That is discussed here:

However, I suspect that your model contains way too many parameters to
lead to a stable fit.

Hope this helps,
Maarten L. Buis
Reichpietschufer 50