Re: st: Outreg2 error "matrix __000009 not found"

From   John Luke Gallup <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Outreg2 error "matrix __000009 not found"
Date   Wed, 13 Feb 2013 16:49:51 -0800

<Redacted>,

The source of your problem is that with the first regression,

quietly regress dy0, noconstant

you have no independent variable, and with no constant, you have no coefficient estimates at all. -regress- does not complain, but -outreg2- depends on their being content in the e(b) and e(V) matrices after an estimation command.  This is a bug - instead you should get an error message saying that e(b) is missing.

You can fix this by removing the -noconstant- option from -regress- and instead use the -nocons- option in -outreg2-:

	local p dy0 //get AIC BIC
forvalues d=1/7 {
	quietly regress `p'
	estat ic
	matrix OUT = r(S) //store matrix
	local AIC =  OUT[1,5] //store AIC
	local BIC = OUT[1,6] //store BIC
	outreg2 using temp.tex, nocons append tex(fragment) ///
		addstat(AIC, `AIC', BIC, `BIC')
	local p = "`p' dy`d'"
}

John