st: Outreg2 error "matrix __000009 not found"

From   Steffen Nauhaus <>
Subject   st: Outreg2 error "matrix __000009 not found"
Date   Thu, 14 Feb 2013 00:20:58 +0100

Dear Stata listers,

I'm having trouble with what should actually be a relatively simple piece of code. With the loop below I was planning to store AIC and BIC values to an outreg table. The code works perfectly fine, until the "noconstant" option is added to the regression (line 3).

	local p dy0 //get AIC BIC
forvalues d=1/7 {
	quietly regress `p', noconstant
	estat ic
	matrix OUT = r(S) //store matrix
	local AIC =  OUT[1,5] //store AIC
	local BIC = OUT[1,6] //store BIC
	outreg2 using temp.tex, append tex(fragment) ///
		addstat(AIC, `AIC', BIC, `BIC')
	local p = "`p' dy`d'"

! mv "./temp.tex" "./2ay.tex" /*rename temp.tex to 2a.tex
							may not work outside unix
							overwrites existing 2a.tex
! rm -r "./temp.txt"

With "[...], noconstant" specified, the code returns the error "matrix __000009 not found". The same happens when running all the lines individually. The code, however, works without issues when the noconstant option is omitted.

I am not sure whether this is a bug or if I am overlooking something. I really hope someone can find what's the problem here.

Thanks and cheers,