Re: st: Sequential logit- Marginal effects

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Sequential logit- Marginal effects
Date   Wed, 13 Feb 2013 08:57:26 +0100

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 12:33 AM, Kavin K  wrote:
> I need to run a sequential logit model. I am having difficulty getting
> the marginal effects. I have googled and can't seem to find much info.
> Does anyone know what is the command that I need to use to get the
> marginal effects in stata12? Thanks alot

You can estimate your model with -seqlogit- (type in Stata -ssc
install seqlogit- to get). Afterwards you can either use
-seqlogitdecomp- or -margins- to get marginal effects. However, you
first need to think on what kind of marginal effects you want: do you
want the effects on transition probabilities, on the probabilities for
certain final outcomes, or, if you can assign values to all outcomes,
the average final outcome?

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Reichpietschufer 50