Re: st: Mokken scaling procedure - output

From   "JVerkuilen (Gmail)" <>
Subject   Re: st: Mokken scaling procedure - output
Date   Tue, 12 Feb 2013 12:10:02 -0500

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Laura Maria Schwirz <> wrote:
> I thought so too. I was quite surprised to get such high Loevinger
> coefficients but this might be due to a rather large sample size of 3,300?

Nope, the magnitude of Loevinger's H is free of sample size. It's a
correlation coefficient, essentially.

> Also, does it mean that if they all lie above the critical value of 0.3
> that these variables (or traits in this case) form one dimension? I.e. if
> two of them were lower than 0.3, the other two would still form such a
> dimension?

Tricky to know exactly. That's partly about the data but also theory
and a matter for ruling out nuisance theories.