st: ksmirnov and normality

From   Nahla Betelmal <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: ksmirnov and normality
Date   Fri, 8 Feb 2013 11:42:53 +0000

dear statalist,

I found a paper says that Kolmogorov-Smirnov test is used for
normality test in SPSS and SAS, but not in STATA. In STATA ksmirnov
command is used for the one or two samples Kolmogorov-Smirnov test.
the paper http://faculty.ksu.edu.sa/hisham/Documents/Students/a_PHCL/Testing_Normality.pdf,
page 2

I have two questions, does this mean that we can not use ksmirnov
command to test normality for one sample in STATA?
Second, what is the meaning behind STATA ksmirnov command is used for
the one sample Kolmogorov-Smirnov test, other than normality test?
what is the point the author wants to make?

N.B my sample size is 300 observations

Many thanks

Nahla Betelmal