Re: st: GMM estimation.

From   Usman Gilani <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: GMM estimation.
Date   Fri, 04 Jan 2013 21:06:52 +0000

Dear members,
Finally I managed to run the model. the problem was that I was giving the wrong initial values for parameters.
Now this is what I'm getting but I'm worried it's going to be around 3 hours now  and  it stuck at step 2 iteration 3.

but the Stata showing that the program is running.

my question is should I wait or stop the process and check the model again?

. gmm (r1-({a0=0.5}*{a1=0.42}*w1*DP+(1-{a0}*DP)*lr1+{a0}*{a2=0.16}*DP*w2+{a0}*{a3= -0.013}*DP*w
> 3+{a0}*{a4= -0.026}*DP*y1+{a0}*{a5= 0.081}*DP*y2+{a0}*{a6= -0.660}*DP*y3)), xtinstruments(w1
> w2 w3 y1 y2 y3 DP, lags(1/2)) winitial(xt L)
warning: 478 missing values returned for equation 1 at initial values

Step 1
Iteration 0:   GMM criterion Q(b) =  .15918243
Iteration 1:   GMM criterion Q(b) =   .0002628
Iteration 2:   GMM criterion Q(b) =  .00018952
Iteration 3:   GMM criterion Q(b) =  .00018952

Step 2
Iteration 0:   GMM criterion Q(b) =  .06458347
Iteration 1:   GMM criterion Q(b) =  .04372914
Iteration 2:   GMM criterion Q(b) =  .04367703
Iteration 3:   GMM criterion Q(b) =  .04367703