Re: st: GMM estimation.

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: GMM estimation.
Date   Thu, 3 Jan 2013 19:36:33 +0000

I will just address Usman Gilani's comments on my original #1 and #3:

1. Al's re-parameterisation is not one-to-one. It would be pointless
if it were, at most a change of symbolism or notation. If you want to
insist on your parameterisation, you can't do what he suggests, but
estimation is going to be way more difficult.

3. I can't help here on literature -- as I signalled, this is not my
field -- but you should note that your code is not postulating the
same error structure as your equations.

Nick