st: How to open a .pdf outside Stata with a Stata command

From   Richard Svensson <>
Subject   st: How to open a .pdf outside Stata with a Stata command
Date   Tue, 18 Dec 2012 15:53:58 +0000

I read about a user-written program that enable the Stata-user to control iTunes on a Mac computer, and another program that makes it possible to Google-search inside Stata. So it seems that it's possible (at least on Mac) to control other softwares from Stata.
What I am looking for, or trying to write, is a Stata-command that open a file (.pdf) outside Stata.

Do you know of any way to solve this? Or do you know where I might find information about this in my
struggle with this problem? Any important key words that might help me?

Richard Svensson
The QoG Institute