Re: st: Extract a string portion of a string

From   Ryan Kessler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Extract a string portion of a string
Date   Sun, 9 Dec 2012 16:53:58 -0500

Something like this should do the trick:

input str30 clip
"String string Canada"
"Canadian String string"
"String Canada string"
end

gen canada = (strmatch(lower(clip), "*canada*") |
strmatch(lower(clip), "*canadian*"))
list clip canada

Best,

Ryan