RE: st: RE: RE: Saving variable order to dofile

From   "Dudekula, Anwar" <dudekulaan@upmc.edu>
Subject   RE: st: RE: RE: Saving variable order to dofile
Date   Wed, 28 Nov 2012 23:15:31 +0000

thank you nick, phil and Ben very much .
Yours Sincerely,
Anwar
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] on behalf of Phil Clayton [philclayton@internode.on.net]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 6:12 PM
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: st: RE: RE: Saving variable order  to dofile

You can also use the -ds- command, for example:

sysuse auto, clear
order foreign weight length
ds // display list of variables and return the list in r(varlist)
local order `r(varlist)' // store the list in local macro order

* now re-open the dataset and reproduce the order we created earlier
sysuse auto, clear
order `order'

Phil