st: RE: Saving variable order to dofile

From   "Ben Hoen" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Saving variable order to dofile
Date   Wed, 28 Nov 2012 17:51:13 -0500

One easy way would be to use variable manager to select all and copy names
to a var list.  See e.g.,

Then you could past the names after . order

See . help order

Ben Hoen
Office: 845-758-1896
Cell: 718-812-7589

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Dudekula, Anwar
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:36 PM
Subject: st: Saving variable order to dofile

Hi ,
I  am working with a large dataset with multiple variables and in the midst
of analysis.I have aranged variables in specific manner . Is there a way to
copy present order of variables to dofile without having to save the stata
datafiles as I dont want to loose data Thanks a lot for your time
Yours Sincerely,