Re: st: svy: total command

Subject   Re: st: svy: total command
Date   Wed, 21 Nov 2012 10:40:20 -0600

Rebecca:

To get the total based on the two data sets, ordinarily, I would say:
1) append the two data sets;
2) use the same -svyset- statement and -total- commands that you used in the original data.

The  numbers in your results don't correspond to those you reported on Nov 5

"- Regarding the discrepancies in the number of PSUs; I have different
number, for example, in the file that collects variables about
remittances from household members (PSUs=191) and in the file that
collects the same variables about remittances from friends (PSUs=197).
This may suggests that in some PSUs, hhs that receive remittances from
household members were not sampled."

But the -total- statement in the second data set below shows only 90 PSUs, not
197.   If the coverage of the "friend" remittance information is incomplete, then I
suggest that you report the separate totals and the combined total, but with a note
that the total might be wrong.

Steve