st: RE: Interpretation of the Bland-Altman method on Stata

From   "Seed, Paul" <[email protected]>
To   Emily Watson <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Interpretation of the Bland-Altman method on Stata
Date   Wed, 21 Nov 2012 16:24:22 +0000

Dear Emily,

(I received this privately, but am posting my answer to Statalist
to be shared.)

You might post such questions on Statalist
See http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/resources/statalist-faq/
for information on how to joins and how to write posts.

In any case, please the read the FAQ in detail, in particular
the advice about how to ask a question.

A difference of 34 on the logged scale is massive. Astronomical.
Larger than the US national debt.
It corresponds to a ratio of 10^34 (if you are working
with logs base 10) or exp(34) ), which is roughly 5.8*10^14
(if you are using natural logs).
Either number is so large that I am sure you have an error
somewhere else.

My command -baplot- is not designed for handling logged values.
And I can't say what the answer means without seeing the question.

The general advice to show exactly what you typed and what happened
applies.

Best wishes,

Paul Seed