Re: st: RE: merging aggregate and survey data with different state codes

Subject   Re: st: RE: merging aggregate and survey data with different state codes
Date   Tue, 20 Nov 2012 21:10:04 -0500

OP contacted me off list saying "thanks but..." and said that only
codes 1 to 50 were shown, whereas he needed codes from 11 to 95.

The example below produces this output, which is clearly a crosswalk
from one ordering 1-51 to Census state codes:

                      st   code   n2
                 Alabama     63    1
                  Alaska     94    2
                 Arizona     86    3
                Arkansas     71    4
              California     93    5
                Colorado     84    6
             Connecticut     16    7
                Delaware     51    8
    District of Columbia     53    9
                 Florida     59   10
                 Georgia     58   11
                  Hawaii     95   12
                   Idaho     82   13
                Illinois     33   14
                 Indiana     32   15
                    Iowa     42   16
                  Kansas     47   17
                Kentucky     61   18
               Louisiana     72   19
                   Maine     11   20
                Maryland     52   21
           Massachusetts     14   22
                Michigan     34   23
               Minnesota     41   24
             Mississippi     64   25
                Missouri     43   26
                 Montana     81   27
                Nebraska     46   28
                  Nevada     88   29
           New Hampshire     12   30
              New Jersey     22   31
              New Mexico     85   32
                New York     21   33
          North Carolina     56   34
            North Dakota     44   35
                    Ohio     31   36
                Oklahoma     73   37
                  Oregon     92   38
            Pennsylvania     23   39
            Rhode Island     15   40
          South Carolina     57   41
            South Dakota     45   42
               Tennessee     62   43
                   Texas     74   44
                    Utah     87   45
                 Vermont     13   46
                Virginia     54   47
              Washington     91   48
           West Virginia     55   49
               Wisconsin     35   50
                 Wyoming     83   51

Normally I ignore any off-list traffic, but can anyone confirm or deny
any problem with this generated crosswalk?
Or any problem with the general approach?
OP says states are 1 to 50, so perhaps DC should be deleted from the
list, but that is easy to do:

ssc inst ddf2dct, replace
 clear
 tempfile do dct