Re: st: RE: merging aggregate and survey data with different state codes

From   Rebecca Pope <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: merging aggregate and survey data with different state codes
Date   Tue, 20 Nov 2012 22:13:16 -0600

Austin, If by "problem with the crosswalk" you mean an inaccuracy, no,
the crosswalk appears fine. All state names line up w/ their
abbreviations & states are in alphabetical order 1 to 50 (this is w/
the modification to drop DC).

I also think the general approach is good. It is very easy to merge
the generated crosswalk (on "code") to the survey data. This can be
verified using the codes and state abbreviations that Ric posted. From
that it should also be easy to merge the "aggregate" data referred to
in the original post (on n2, which Ric will presumably give the same
name as the ID variable in his data). I don't see how to accomplish
Ric's request without this additional -merge- (crosswalk with survey)
but that is surely better than typing 50 -replace- statements!

-Rebecca
Rebecca