Re: st: 95%CrI

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: 95%CrI
Date   Wed, 7 Nov 2012 12:18:12 +0100

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Srinivas <[email protected]> wrote:
> can anyone tell me the stata command or module to calculte 95% Credible Interval (95%CrI) for Median odds Ratio

Sounds like you want to do Bayesian analysis with Stata. There are
some tools out there, e.g. look at
<http://www.stata-journal.com/article.html?article=st0115> and -findit
mcmc-.

However, my impression is that there hasn't been a lot of interest in
Bayesian statistics within StataCorp nor within the Stata user
community, so the number of tools seem to be limited. If Bayesian
statistics is going to be your main tool of analysis than you might
want to consider switching to another program, like R
(<www.r-project.org>), which seems to have a more active Bayesian
group.  Alternatively, you could try to mobilise enough Bayesians and
try to form a critical mass within the Stata community to program a
more complete suit of user written tools for Bayesian analysis. The
latter would be most welcome, but a lot of work for you.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
WZB