st: -xmluse-

From   "Haiyong Xu" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: -xmluse-
Date   Mon, 29 Oct 2012 17:03:15 -0700

Hi,
I have a couple questions related to -xmluse-.
I have some .xml data files. The variable names are listed in row 32, but when I specify -cells(A32, AB200) firstrow-, Stata treats the 33rd row as the variable names which are the actual data and reports error of "invalid name". If I specify -cells(A31, AB200) firstrow-, there is no problem. It looks confusing to me. Another weird problem is that I have a few .xml files saved in the folder, when I use -xmluse- to import one of the data files, besides importing all the records in the specified file, Stata always imports one record from one of the other data files.
Could somebody help me with these problems? Thanks.
Haiyong