Re: st: critical value

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: critical value
Date   Mon, 22 Oct 2012 12:28:08 +0200

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 12:15 PM, Lynn Lee <> wrote:
> I rechecked the critical value of z at 10% significance level, the critical
> value is 1.645.

> While the z-value reported in estimation result is 1.7 which
> is greater than 1.645.

> But Stata11 said it is insignificance .

Incorrect: Stata did not tell you whether it was significant or not.
Stata just gave you the p-value, which from your results should be
less than .1.  (In fact I can tell you it should be something near
.089) Now I leave it up to you to read your textbook again to see what
the relation is between the critical value and the p-value.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Reichpietschufer 50
10785 Berlin