st: Re-installing Stata

From   "Shittu, Aminu" <ameen_vet@yahoo.com>
Subject   st: Re-installing Stata
Date   Mon, 15 Oct 2012 06:09:33 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Statalisters,

I had previously installed StataIC v.10 on my new laptop which was later diagnosed with a hard drive problem and the HP replaced it with a new one. I had re-installed my Stata and now trying to run/register it, but unfortunately the following message keep popping out. What is the solution, please? Here you go:

"Your license is not applicable to this Stata. The most likely reason you are seeing this message is that you have installed a version of Stata for an operating system which does not match the operating system on your license. If you have up-to-date license information, pleas enter it now."

Cheers!

Aminu.