Re: st: whether difference is significant

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: whether difference is significant
Date   Mon, 15 Oct 2012 14:24:48 +0200

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Lynn Lee wrote:
> I forgot to mention one point in my previous email. If I want to test the
> difference in two coefficients, I can do F test. But I do not know how to do
> it in Stata11. I want to test for several groups of coefficients. So, I need
> several independent reports of F-test.

-help test-, but remember that an interaction effect in its default
form is itself already the difference between two coefficients, so
you'll probably not need to use it. See: M.L. Buis (2012) "Stata tip
106: With or without reference", The Stata Journal, 12(1), pp.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Reichpietschufer 50
10785 Berlin