st: Firm Fixed Effects and ANOVA

Subject   st: Firm Fixed Effects and ANOVA
Date   Fri, 12 Oct 2012 00:54:37 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Friends,

I run an anova (type III partial sum of squares) and will test the firm
effects for my model. Therefore, I have firm dummies in my model
(i.firmID). However, the number of unique firms is about 20.000. It takes
a lot of time until stata produces results. Is there a possibility (e.g.
user-written algorithm) in which I can run my model within a shorter
period of time? My model looks like:

anova variable1 i.firmID;

Thanks in advance